● I believe that every child, irrespective of address, background, or family income level, should receive a first rate education.
● I believe our teachers deserve our support and respect. We need to leverage every available tool to make the Madison County School system a great place to work.
● I believe in opportunity. We need to expose every child to as many academic and extra curricular activities as possible so they can reach their fullest academic potential and be prepared for the jobs of tomorrow.
● I believe in better infrastructure. Every school should be equipped to meet the needs of our students. We need to improve our faculty to student ratio while ensuring no school is overcrowded.
● I believe in community–schools should feel like communities. We need to empower schools and school leaders to do what is best for their specific students.
● I believe in parents. As your representative on the Madison County School Board, I will put the interests of parents first. Families are our most important academic stakeholder. Schools exist to serve families, not the other way around.
Shatika’s drive for young people, and their success shines within her and in all aspects of her life. As a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, she serves as the Co-Chair of the Empowering Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence (EMBODI), under their signature programs. EMBODI is an organization under the sorority that focuses on young men and encourages them to become leaders in their communities. This position is near and dear to Shatika as she is the mother of three, two of her children being young men.
Shatika is a principled advocate for equity in our public school system. Shatika’s goal is to ensure that the school board is transparent while keeping the children's success at the forefront. Her hearts desire would be achieving unitary status on all green factors in the consent order. Shatika knows that this would be a defining step in the school system, and it is imperative that it takes place.
If we join together and make our voices heard, we can fight for the change we want to see!
Voting serves all of us. Thank you for your commitment.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of a political campaign. Join me and be a part of the team to elect Shatika Armstrong as the Madison County Board of Education District 4 Representative. No experience needed! Just a commitment to get involved